LONDON is a Canadian city, located in Southwestern Ontario.
This area houses numerous places which take their names from English cities and London makes part of them. Although located across the Atlantic, the two cities have many things in common. Picadilly Street, the Covent Garden Market and the Thames are the landmarks of both. Canadian London lies halfway between Toronto, Ontario and Detroit. It is a very green city with a number of parks. The most famous are the 15-acre park Victoria Park, Harris Park, Springbank Park, and Westminster Ponds.
London houses various hotels for different purposes. Booked.net offers you a wide range of option from budget to luxury to suit any occasion.
There is a number of remarkable sights in London. The most visited tourist attractions include;
- Museum London exposes art works and historical exhibits
- Eldon House built in 1834, reflects the 19th century interior. There is a beautiful garden on the House territory
- Banting House National Historic Site, records the life of insulin discoverer Frederick Grant Banting
- Blackfriars Street Bridge, built in 1875, is the longest bowstring truss bridge in North America
- Wortley Village is the city’s famous area, packed with eclectic merchants and cafes
- Labatt Memorial Park is the oldest baseball park in the world, listed in the Guinness book
Whoever comes to London is impressed with its scenery. If travelling with children, Storybook Gardens offers an all-year round attractions that will catch the eye of any child. There are plenty of animals to feed, various rides and play grounds; skating is possible in the winter. For beer tasters, there are guided tours to the Labatt Brewery, famous for its brewing tradition which dates back to the beginning of the 19th century. For those who seek more active ways of spending time, they can hike part of the Thames Valley Trail. This 109-km hiking trail offers a stunning view of the city. Forest City Velodrome is another spot for active travelers, offering a great place for cycling. Golfers can play golf on the East Park Golf Gardens and Wally World. Here you can find the 18-hole golf course, driving range and mini golf. To watch a play, please check out the The Grand Theatre list of plays.
There is no need to go further than Booked.net when looking for London hotel. Various hotels with full description, photos and guests’ reviews are available on the website.