Beaumont is a city in Texas, located in the Jefferson County.
The city forms a part of the Golden Triangle, an industrial area of the Gulf Coast. Beaumont takes its name from its founder Jefferson Beaumont who came to Texas with some of his business partners and bought a piece of land in between Tevis Bluff and Santa Anna. That gave rise to Beaumont city. Beaumont is very well located, within an half an hour drive to the Gulf of Mexico, and down from the famous East Texas forests.
Beaumont hotels are in abundance. You can save a good deal of money if you book a Beaumont hotel on Booked.net. On the website you can find a wide range of options, with full description and guests’ ratings.
There numerous great sights to see in Beaumont. The major spots of interest include;
- Art Museum of Southeast Texas, dedicated to Hyman Asher Perlstein, one of the Beaumont’s most famous constructors. The museum also exposes pieces of American art dating back to the 19thc century
- Dishman Art Museum displays European, American and African Art from the19th century
- John Jay French Museum dedicate to life of one of the first families in Texas
- Fire Museum of Texas exhibits various antique fire trucks and records the history of firefighting
- The Clifton Steamboat Museum dedicated to military and civilian heroes, those participated in Southeast Texas and Louisiana wars, World Wars I and II, as well as the Korean and Vietnam wars
- Texas Energy Museum provides an insight into petroleum science and Texas oil industry. Here you can learn about the history of oil exploration, production and refining
It is also worth visiting the McFaddin-Ward House, constructed at the beginning of the 20th century in the Beaux-Arts Colonial style. The house used to be a residence of a wealthy family and is currently an open museum exposing antique furniture and various household items. There are a number of good theatres in Beaumont. For instance, Julie Rogers Theater and the Jefferson Theatre are renowned for great performances. The latter is recognized as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. There are a few good golf courses in Beaumont: Beaumont Country Club and Tyrrell Park. It is worth taking a stroll in the Beaumont Botanical Gardens. South Texas State Fair held every March and the Beaumont Jazz & Blues Fest held since 2005 are definitely among on the list of the most-interesting events of Beaumont.
Beaumont is a stunning place, with a wide range of things to see and do. Booked.net will assist you in finding the best hotel options according to your preferences and budget.