Girona is one of the most visited cities in Spain, located in the northeast of Catalonia and in close proximity to Barcelona. The River Onyar flows through the city and divides it on two parts, both contrasting in architecture and style. You will be impressed by the cobblestone streets of Girona’s Old town (to the east of the River) and the modern architecture of the New town (western side). The city is packed full of wonderful architecture and you can immerse yourself in local history that will get your heart going. At the same time, Girona is a boisterous city where Spanish temperament can be seen everywhere.
The Old city hotels are more prestigious and thus reasonably expensive. On Booked.net you will find budget options as well as affordable luxury Girona hotels. The website also provides you with all the information regarding the hotel, photos and guests’ reviews.
The major places of interest are located within the Old town. Some major spots include:
- Girona Cathedral built in the 15th century, one of the most important masterpieces of the Spanish Gothic architecture
- Collegiate Church of Sant Feliu constructed in the 14th century which contains a few tombs on its terrain
- Girona Art Museum located in the Bishop’s Place exposes a great art collection from pre-Roman times throughout the 20th century
- Film Museum where you can learn about the history of cinema from its early days
- Monastery Sant Pere de Rodes constructed in the 10th century in the Romanesque style. The church has magnificent bell-tower and the defense tower
Apart from extensive cultural places, Girona offers a non-stop nightlife, amazing restaurants to try delicious Spanish cuisine, spa centers, jazz bars and discos in salsa style. You can enjoy a picnic on the bank of the river, take a walking tour along the narrow streets of the Old town or boat trip along the Onyar. Golfers have an opportunity to play the fantastic courses nearby the city. If you happen to be in Girona’s neighborhood, the city is definitely worth a few days stop-off.
Save your money by reserving a hotel in Girona on Booked.net. A wide range of options from budget to luxury are available on the website.