Doha is the capital of Qatar located on the Persian Gulf. Its stunning skyscrapers and modern architecture are always greeted with gasps of admiration. The city is packed with high-class shops, huge malls, numerous restaurants and the world’s finest clubs. A laid-back atmosphere prevails wherever you go in Doha. The city has a good number of sandy beaches with different water sport activities available.
Doha is lined with hotels, mostly high-class. To save money on Doha hotels, book your stay in Doha on Booked.net. On the website you will find various options from less-expensive to luxury hotels.
There are a great number of places in Doha that reflect the city’s vast history. Major tourist attractions are:
- Museum of Islamic Arts where you can see artifacts from Muslim world of different centuries and dynasties.
- Qatar National Museum located in a former royal palace gives an insight into the life of Sheikhs.
- Museum of Orientalists displays one of the world’s biggest Oriental art collections from the early 18th century.
- Al Koot Fort is majestic fort erected in 1880. Although it is currently closed to the public, its significance remains unchanged.
- Doha Heritage Village is the traditional Qatari village where pearl trading is very common.
- Heritage library houses over 51 thousand books in different languages, about 600 antique maps and many other important educational collections.
If you fancy shopping in the Arabian style, Souq Waqif market is for you. Here you can find various spices, fabrics, souvenirs and even places to smoke shisha. For more cultural places, visit an old Al Zubara Fort located an hour’s drive from Doha. For those who admire military equipment expositions, Doha’s Weaponry Museum is the place to attend. Here you will find a great collection of weapons, including swords of the Gulf’s ruling families from the 16th century. Modern art pieces are displayed at the Arab modern Art museum. This place offers a stunning collection gathered by one of the Arab Sheikhs. Photography museum designed by Santiago Calatrava houses the most important photos in Doha’s history together with some historic documents.
There is no need to go further than Booked.net when searching for Doha hotels. Please check the website for the extensive range of offers and find the best option for you.