Romantic, charming, but swarming with visitors, Venice is a city where tourists outnumber residents.
Venice's character has barely changed from the way it was 600 years ago. It is still that lagoon city with light Renaissance touches and gondolas running down the Grand Canal as when it was first established in 421.
The one and only pedestrian city in the world, the center and historic heart of Venice can be crossed from one end to another in an hour thus Venice can be navigated on foot with ease.
Book a hotel at Booked.net to experience the stunning beauty that is Venice fully.
Our listings include photos, detailed descriptions and secure forms to complete your booking. Be it a room in cheap hotel in Venice or top-end accommodation abundant with all possible comforts we have them all at prices below the rack rates.
From its birth Venice became a center for trade and commerce, especially in silk, grain and spice as well as a centre for art. That tradition continues today as glassblowers create amazing the amazing works associated with Murano glass, please note it to be really expensive to buy.
Small and compact at first sight, Venice developed into huge city comprising of several areas and districts as well. For instance, more than 220,000 people live in Mestre area – industrial part of Venice linked to mainland by 5 kilometer bridge.
The heart of Venice still makes up a group of Sestieri districts teeming with attractions, like
– Basilica di San Marco, a must-see located right at the Piazza San Marco; for a 10-minute experience inside famous church tourists are ready to stay hours in lines just to enter
– San Giovanni e Paolo is a Dominican church with Renaissance facade
– Correr Museum has a collection of globes from 16th century, library hall and art cafe to relax if you get tired
– Galleria dell'Accademia di Venezia – the best in Italy and the most significant one in the Italian cultural scene
– Venice's Clock Tower can be visited only on private tour, but it is worth a look being a unique astrological mechanism
You can book a hotel in Venice stones' throw from any of these attractions with interactive map of Venice hotels.