It is known as the “Ecology capital of Germany”.
The modern city of Erlangen is one of the most beautiful and cleanest cities in Europe. It is known for its hospitality and is popular among tourists. Here you can experience simultaneously the life of a big business city and the quiet life of a provincial small town.
Being provincial, Erlangen was open to the world almost from its inception and currently its name is associated with one of the biggest universities in Germany and Siemens AG which has the second largest industrial site and is thus a pivotal point in the city.
Booked.net offers you opportunity to explore this unique city by selecting from budget hotels to splurging on luxury accommodation in Erlangen, with hotels to satisfy any taste.
Ecology, medicine, hi-tech industry, as well as its architectural monuments made this small city known to the world. Once you are in Erlangen, you could visit:
- Schlossgarten, large green area surrounded by University buildings.
- Hugenotten church – the oldest church in the area founded in1686.
- City Museum, Martin Luther Church, City Gallery, House of Art.
- Botanical Garden with plants and trees from all over the world. Tip: Every first Sunday of the month you can visit a cave located in the Garden.
- Siemens AG Medical Solutions Museum
- City Theatre Erlangen with three different stages, among them the Marquis Theater, which is the oldest Baroque theater in Southern Germany.
Once you are in Erlangen in warm season you could enjoy a German picnic (Brohtzeit) as there are a lot of charming beer gardens and people traditionally gather to taste a cool drink and listen to the traditional music.
Sample German life at its finest in Erlangen with Booked.net.