San Carlos de Bariloche is one of the most famous spots in Argentina. It lies to the east of the Patagonian Steppe plains, at the foot of the Andes. The city is beautifully located in the middle of stunning lakes and majestic mountains. It became a renowned ski resort and a perfect place for hiking. The city is called ‘American Switzerland’ due to its numerous lakes. Bariloche has a number of beautiful sandy beaches such as Playa Bonita and Villa Tacul. Central Bariloche is packed with various shops, restaurants, nightclubs and cafeterias where you can try one the finest chocolate in the world.
Tourists flock to Bariloche irrespective of the season. Hotels in Bariloche are in abundance and are located in different parts of the city. To save your money, book a hotel in Bariloche with Booked.net. On the website you can find the best deals, the most cost-effective options and all the information relevant to ensure your perfect stay in this beautiful city.
There are a great number of things to see and do in Bariloche. The main attractions include:
- Cathedral Nuestra Senora del Nahuel Huapi, built in neo-gothic style
- Clock Tower, where you can see a parade of figures at 12 and 6 pm
- Civic Center, the central area of Barilochi where you can see the City Council, the Patagonia Museum and other important spots
- Nahuel Huapi National Park, where you can take a stroll along the beautiful lakes
- Chapel of the Immaculate, built in 1905
- Museo de la Patagonia, where you can learn about the local tribes that inhabited Bariloche in days long ago and the history of the city
There are much more things to do in Bariloche. You could take a walk on the Crooked Street, known as the most winding street in the world. You could go sailing or fishing in Lake District located in the Nahuel Huapi National Park. In the central area of this park you could find fly fishing services, with all the necessary equipment provided. It is much worth seeing the Lago Gutierrez lake (one of the Lake District lakes). It is also called the mirror lake for its transparent water. If you fancy shopping, try to make it to the Mitre street. Here you will find various shops and chocolate stores.
San Carlos de Bariloche is an absolutely stunning place for skiing, swimming, sunbathing and sight-seeing. It is a great spot to celebrate holidays or just gather together with your family. Enjoy the beauty of this city with Booked.net. If you are looking for an affordable hotel to stay, search with Booked.net and make the most of your trip. Booked.net also offers a wide range of luxury hotels.