This exquisite hotel is located next to the American Embassy on the Via Veneto. The rooms are spacious and grand, with a mix of old-world flare and modern conveniences such as internet and plasma TVs. The marble baths are amazing, and the spa is perfect. However, the service has been criticized for some as being hit-or-miss.
- Short walk to museums - Bed was very comfortable - Very noisy - Would definitely stay again
- 5 min walk to the subway - Hotel is beautiful - Better value for money
- Bar was nice and modern - Drinks were pricey - Gym pretty small
- Room was very clean and spacious - Staff were fine - Breakfast was not included
- Great location - Nice hotel - Stunning exterior - Room was huge
The 5-star Westin Excelsior Rome hotel is located in the Via Veneto district, just a few steps From the Spanish Steps and the Villa Borghese gardens. The venue is famous for its hosting of artists, celebrities and important visitors from all over the world and for its luxurious and spacious accommodation.
Decorated in 19th-century Empire style with ornate white-and-gold ceilings, crystal chandeliers and hand-decorated walls, all 316 rooms will not remain anybody indifferent. Lots of rooms have balconies and all include Heavenly Beds, air conditioning, internet access, satellite TV with pay movies, mini bar, safe and marble bathroom with phone, bathrobes and slippers.
Rich Mediterranean cuisine and Italian specialties are served at Doney restaurant. You can also taste light food, snacks and cocktails at the 2 on-site bars where the live music is played.
The hotel offers the health club equipped with fitness room and Turkish bath where you can workout with a personal trainer or enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool. Plus, you can visit sauna, steam, beauty treatment or massage.
The Westin Kids Club, concierge, dry cleaning, laundry and 24-hour room service and 7 meeting rooms with all modern equipment are also available.
The excellent Italian hospitality and service make the Westin Excelsior Rome hotel a perfect accommodation for travellers seeking for a grand location.
Number of rooms 325.
- City Center Rome - 2700 ft
- Airport: Ciampino (CIA) - 9.3 mi, Leonardo da Vinci International (Fiumicino) (FCO) - 14.2 mi
- Train Station: Roma Termini - 3700 ft, Roma San Pietro Station - 2.1 mi
- Underground station: Piazza di Spagna metro station - 1700 ft, Barberini Fontana di Trevi - 1700 ft
- Restaurants: Hard Rock Cafe Rome (Food: American, Vegetarian, Sandwiches) - 600 ft, Cafe de Paris (Food: Italian) - 200 ft
- Parks Parco Nazionale Cinque Terre - 3900 ft
- Beaches: Stabilimento La Cannuccia - 2400 ft, Bagni Belvedere - 1.1 mi
The hotel offers a continental breakfast at the price of EUR 19 per person per night. You can start your day with a buffet breakfast, which costs EUR 29 per person per night.
|Rate this hotel|
from 3 pm
until 11 am
|Children and extra beds||
Pets are allowed on request
Wireless internet is available in public areas and is free of charge
Wireless internet is available in the hotel rooms for additional charge
Paid Private parking is possible on site.
|Facilities for people with disabilities||
|Leisure and relaxation facilities||
Westin Excelsior Location
- Current hotel
- Hotels nearby
- Underground stations
- Train stations
- Tourist attractions
- Convention centers
- Food and meals
Hover above the icons to see hotel photo and details.
Click the hotel to go to the main hotel page.
|Places of interest|
Colosseum1.2 miPiazza del Colosseo, Rome
promenade place Navone Rome1.0 miPiazza Navona, Rome
Roman Forum and Palatine Hill1.0 miPiazza Santa Maria Nova 53, Rome
Church of San Luigi dei Francesi5100 ftVia Santa Giovanna d'Arco 5, Rome
Vittorio Emmanuel II Monument5000 ftPiazza Venezia, Rome
Near the hotel
Via Veneto300 ftRomeItaly
The Church of Immaculate Conception500 ftRomeItaly
Capuchin Crypt500 ftVia Veneto, Rome
Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi)3100 ftPiazza di Trevi, Rome
Villa Malta o delle Rose900 ftPiazza Cavalieri di Malta, 3, Rome
Santa Maria della Concezione1100 ftVia Veneto 27, Rome
Monumental Cemetery of the Capuchin Brothers (Cimitero Monumentale dei Padri Cappuccini)1200 ftVia Vittorio Veneto 27, Rome
Hard Rock Cafe Rome
65% likes this, based on 1007 reviews
Food: American, Vegetarian, Sandwiches, Pub
Price Range: USD 19 - USD 52600 ftVia Vittorio Veneto 62 a/b
Phone: +39 06 4203051
Cafe de Paris
60% likes this, based on 204 reviews
Food: Italian200 ftVia Vittorio Veneto 90
Phone: 06/42012257 - 06/4815631
76% likes this, based on 58 reviews
Food: Mediterranean100 ftVia Vittorio Veneto 125
67% likes this, based on 87 reviews200 ft141 Via Veneto
La dolce Vita
65% likes this, based on 5 reviews
Food: Italian, Pizza & Pasta200 ftVia vittorio Veneto, 74
Why book with us?
- Low prices
- Enjoy our best price guarantee and special offers.
- Free cancellations
- Usually cancellations can be made without charge close to your arrival date (check policies).
- Guaranteed room
- You get instant confirmation directly from the hotel's reservation database.
Hotel Awards 2014ItalianHOTEL AWARDSRecommendedRome
According to guest reviews, the hotel has been rated asBest Luxury Hotels in Italy