This large, bustling hotel has a great location with Millenium Park, the Art Institute, and restaurants within walking distance. The El is adjacent. The fitness center is top-notch, the lobby is grand, and it's undergoing renovations. Rooms are hit or miss, though. Some are small and stuffy, and the service is mediocre. There are plans for a new spa.
- Lobby is absolutely breathtaking - Check-in was easy and courteous - Room was very nice, clean, and spacious
- I would stay at this hotel again - Room was comfortable - Housekeeping did a great job
- Front desk staff were quite good - Checkin anytime - Cleaning staff was a bit late each day
- Bathroom facilities were superior - Room itself was ok - Free internet in lobby area - Great gym
- Good shower with double shower heads - Coffee maker was better then average - Included robes which was nice
The fascinating 4-star Palmer House Hilton Hotel offers an ideal spot in a lively area just outside bars, restaurants. Renovated in 2008, this hotel combines the modern with oriental architecture.
Magnificent location a few steps from Monroe-Red subway station and within close proximity to John Hancock Center / Observatory, Museum of Broadcast Communications and St. James Cathedral. Just 10 minutes from the center of Chicago.
Set within walking distance from a tower, theaters and museums, as well as renowned Michigan Avenue, Art Institute of Chicago and The Magic Parlour.
5 minutes' drive from Merrill C Meigs (closed) airport and 10 minutes' walk to Randolph St. Metra train station.
Palmer House Hilton Hotel features 1635 rooms across 23 floors.
In the morning a continental breakfast is served at the restaurant. The innovative restaurant serves delicious seasonal dishes. The café bar serves burgers, pasta.
All visitors are offered a full breakfast for a fee.
For its guests Palmer House Hilton Hotel offers conference facilities, internet access as well as a news stand, a souvenir shop and a garage.
Guests can find a spa center, an indoor swimming pool and make use of a steam room, Jacuzzi and a sauna on the premises. Fitness classes, a gym are provided in the on-site fitness center.
Hotel high-speed internet access is available in public areas for additional charge
Wireless internet is available in public areas and is free of charge
Public hotel parking is possible at a location nearby and the rate is USD 43 per day.
Year renovated 2008. Number of floors 23. Number of rooms 1639.
- City Center Chicago - 1400 ft
- Airport: Midway (MDW) - 9.3 mi, Chicago O'hare International (ORD) - 15.8 mi
- Train Station: Millenium Station - 2000 ft, Van Buren Street Station - 2000 ft
- Underground station: LaSalle "L" Station (Blue Line) - 2300 ft, LaSalle \"L\" Station (Blue Line) - 2300 ft
- Bus stop - 400 ft
- Restaurants: Miller's Pub & Restaurant (Food: American, Hamburgers, Barbecue) - 400 ft, Corner Bakery (Food: Bakery) - 100 ft
- Parks: Millennium Park - 1200 ft, Grant Park - 2100 ft
- Beaches: North Avenue Beach - 2600 ft, Ohio Street Beach - 1.1 mi
|Rate this hotel|
from 3 pm
until 11 am
|Children and extra beds||
Pets are allowed on request
|Facilities for people with disabilities||
|Leisure and relaxation facilities||
The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Location
- Current hotel
- Hotels nearby
- Underground stations
- Train stations
- Tourist attractions
- Convention centers
- Food and meals
Hover above the icons to see hotel photo and details.
Click the hotel to go to the main hotel page.
|Places of interest|
|Monuments and Landmarks|
The East Bank Club5000 ft500 N. Kingsbury St., Chicago
Showplace Icon Theatre5000 ft150 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago
St. James Cathedral5200 ft65 East Huron Street, Chicago
Museum of Broadcast Communications1.0 mi360 N. State Street, Chicago
Shedd Aquarium1.1 mi1200 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago
Near the hotel
Art Institute of Chicago800 ft111 S Michigan Ave, Chicago
Millennium Park1200 ft201 E Randolph St, Chicago
Michigan Avenue900 ftChicago, IL 60656
The Magic Parlour200 ftPalmer House Hilton, Chicago
Cloud Gate1300 ft201 E. Randolph St., between Michigan Ave & Columbus Ave, Chicago
Bank of America Theatre400 ft18 West Monroe St, Chicago
Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building500 ft1 S. State St., Chicago
Miller's Pub & Restaurant
67% likes this, based on 510 reviews
Food: American, Hamburgers, Barbecue
Price Range: USD 23 - USD 32400 ft134 S Wabash Ave
Phone: (312) 263-4988
79% likes this, based on 110 reviews
Food: Bakery100 ft140 S Dearborn St
Phone: (312) 920-9100
Corner Bakery Cafe
65% likes this, based on 94 reviews100 ft35 E Monroe St
Phone: (312) 372-0072
Lockwood Restaurant and Bar
64% likes this, based on 118 reviews
Price Range: USD 22 - USD 42100 ft17 E. Monroe Street
Corner Bakery Cafe
82% likes this, based on 51 reviews100 ft56 W Randolph St
Phone: (312) 346-9492
Why book with us?
- Low prices
- Enjoy our best price guarantee and special offers.
- Free cancellations
- Usually cancellations can be made without charge close to your arrival date (check policies).
- Guaranteed room
- You get instant confirmation directly from the hotel's reservation database.