- Staff was very friendly - Didn't have a pool or a business center
- Close enough to the major tourist districts - Parking is an additional $28/night
- Room was well appointed - Around the corner from the d-day museum - Steps from the st. charles line
- Room was clean - No microwave, no minifridge - Bathrooms have a good size
- Perfectly located nearby the french quarter - Price is also very good - Bed was excellent
Hotel Modern is located in a trendy area of New Orleans in close proximity to French Quarter, St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 and Gallier House. The building was renovated in 2011.
It will take you 5 minutes to get to the popular Confederate Memorial Museum, Ogden Museum of Southern Art and Memorial Hall Confederate Civil War Museum.
The hotel is situated near monuments, galleries and museums.
Lakefront airport is 15 minutes' drive from the hotel.
The hotel offers 135 rooms. All of them feature a safe, a seating area and Wi-Fi. They provide bathrooms with bathrobes, a bathtub and a shower.
Guests can unwind in the rustic restaurant, which serves fresh regional cuisine. At the renowned night bar guests will enjoy a selection of cocktails.
Guests will benefit from concierge service, dry cleaning and laundry along with a tour desk, parking.
Leisure facilities in Hotel Modern include a casino, a cocktail lounge and a nightclub.
Wireless internet is available in public areas and is free of charge
Private hotel parking is possible on site and the rate is USD 30 per day.
Year renovated 2011. Number of rooms 135.
- City Center New Orleans - 1.4 mi
- Airport Louis Armstrong New Orleans (MSY) - 11.9 mi
- Restaurants: Tamarind by Dominique (Food: Contemporary) - 200 ft, Bellocq (Food: Bar) - 300 ft
- Parks Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve - 4500 ft
|Rate this hotel|
from 4 pm
until 11 am
|Children and extra beds||
Pets are allowed on request
|Facilities for people with disabilities||
|Leisure and relaxation facilities||
The Hotel Modern Location
- Current hotel
- Hotels nearby
- Underground stations
- Train stations
- Tourist attractions
- Convention centers
- Food and meals
Hover above the icons to see hotel photo and details.
Click the hotel to go to the main hotel page.
|Monuments and Landmarks|
|Food and meals|
|Medical care and Hospitals|
New Orleans Pharmacy Museum5000 ft514 Chartres St, New Orleans
Hermann-Grima House5000 ft820 St Louis Street, New Orleans
Gallier House5000 ft1118 and 1132 Royal St., New Orleans
St. Louis Cemetery No. 11.0 mi425 Basin Street, New Orleans
Historic New Orleans Collection5200 ft533 Royal Street, New Orleans
Near the hotel
The National WWII Museum700 ft945 Magazine Street, New Orleans
Confederate Memorial Museum500 ft929 Camp St, New Orleans
Ogden Museum of Southern Art500 ft925 Camp Street, New Orleans
Contemporary Arts Center500 ft900 Camp St., New Orleans
St. Alphonsus1100 ft2025 Constance Street, New Orleans
Old St. Patrick's Church1200 ft724 Camp St., New Orleans
The New Orleans Artworks at the New Orleans GlassWorks & Printmaking Studio1400 ft727 Magazine Street, New Orleans
Tamarind by Dominique
52% likes this, based on 32 reviews
Food: Contemporary200 ft936 St Charles
71% likes this, based on 24 reviews
Food: Bar300 ft2 Lee Cir
57% likes this, based on 43 reviews
Food: Cajun & Creole
Price Range: USD 1 - USD 31400 ft840 Saint Charles Avenue
Phone: 504 522 5517
65% likes this, based on 42 reviews
Food: Latin700 ft634 Julia St.
77% likes this, based on 46 reviews
Food: American800 ft869 Magazine St
Phone: (504) 322-2188
Why book with us?
- Low prices
- Enjoy our best price guarantee and special offers.
- Free cancellations
- Usually cancellations can be made without charge close to your arrival date (check policies).
- Guaranteed room
- You get instant confirmation directly from the hotel's reservation database.