Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans is where the action is at! You can stay up till the break of day if you book balcony quarters above Bourbon Street in this French Quarter veteran hotel, or if you want something quieter, there are stunningly beautiful and restful rooms overlooking the courtyard. The places oozes old world charm, and the staff are excellent and tireless.
- Hotel was very clean - Bathrooms are nice - Quality shampoos/soaps/lotions - Jazz club in the hotel was a plus
- Staff are always helpful - Pool and bar are nice - Room was clean and comfortable - Valet parking was nice
- Pool was a nice plus - Bathroom was spacious - Breakfast was amazing - Internet was slow
- Great location on bourbon street - Right across from the legends of jazz park - Hugh flat screen tv - No microwave
- Just across the street from rick's cabaret - Bars, restaurants and boutiques are fantastic - Rooftop bar was cool
Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans is a 4-star world-class hotel offering non-smoking accommodation steps away from Edgar Degas House Pre-Impressionist Tour, St. Charles Streetcar and Algiers Levee. The building was renovated in 2009.
A 5-minute walk will take you to Germaine Wells Mardi Gras Museum, Mardi Gras / Carnival and New Orleans Streetcars.
Nearby points of interest include museums, a cathedral.
Lakefront airport is 15 minutes' drive from the hotel.
Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans offers 500 rooms fitted with air conditioning, Wi-Fi and radio for a comfortable stay in New Orleans. Guests can make use of en suite bathrooms with bathrobes, a hairdryer and toiletries available in all guestrooms.
A complimentary breakfast is served daily. The Famous Galatoires restaurant will spoil you with fresh regional meals. The stylish bar serves a selection of beverages.
A full breakfast is served at affordable prices.
Business facilities at Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans include internet access, conference facilities and a business center.
Leisure facilities include a courtyard, a ballroom and barbeque grills. The on-site fitness center features fitness classes, a gym.
Wireless internet is available in public areas and is free of charge
Private hotel parking is possible on site and the rate is USD 36 per day.
Year renovated 2009. Number of rooms 500.
- City center New Orleans - 3700 ft
- Airports Louis Armstrong New Orleans (MSY) - 11.9 mi
- Restaurants: Oceana Grill (Cuisine: Seafood) - 400 ft, GW Fins (Cuisine: Seafood) - 100 ft
- Parks: New Orleans Musical Legends Park - 100 ft, Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve - 1300 ft
|Rate this hotel|
|Facilities for people with disabilities||
|Leisure and relaxation facilities||
from 3 pm
until 12 pm
|Children and extra beds||
Pets are allowed on request
Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans Location
- Current hotel
- Hotels nearby
- Underground stations
- Train stations
- Tourist attractions
- Convention centers
- Food and meals
Hover above the icons to see hotel photo and details.
Click the hotel to go to the main hotel page.
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center1.1 mi900 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans
Royal Street1.2 miRoyal Street, New Orleans
Algiers Levee1.2 miPatterson Street, New Orleans
Magazine Street1.2 mi
Warehouse District1.2 miNew Orleans, LA
Near the hotel
New Orleans Musical Legends Park100 ft311 Bourbon Street, New Orleans
Germaine Wells Mardi Gras Museum100 ft813 Bienville St, New Orleans
Mardi Gras / Carnival400 ftNew Orleans, LA
Irish Cultural Museum of New Orleans700 ft933 Conti St, New Orleans
Musee Conti Wax Museum700 ft917 Conti St, New Orleans
Hermann-Grima House700 ft820 St Louis Street, New Orleans
Gallier House700 ft1118 and 1132 Royal St., New Orleans
80% likes this, based on 2509 reviews
Price Range: USD 20 - USD 25400 ft739 Conti St
85% likes this, based on 1440 reviews
Price Range: USD 31 - USD 40100 ft808 Bienville St
Phone: (504) 581-3467
Acme Oyster House
84% likes this, based on 2113 reviews
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Price Range: USD 3 - USD 27400 ft724 Iberville Street
Desire Oyster Bar
72% likes this, based on 548 reviews
Cuisine: Seafood, Oyster Bar, Cajun & Creole, Bistro
Price Range: USD 11 - USD 25100 ft300 Bourbon Street
Phone: (504) 586-0300
Arnaud's Restaurant / French 75 Bar
76% likes this, based on 661 reviews
Cuisine: French, Cajun & Creole100 ft813 Bienville St
Why book with us?
- Low prices
- Enjoy our best price guarantee and special offers.
- Free cancellations
- Usually cancellations can be made without charge close to your arrival date (check policies).
- Guaranteed room
- You get instant confirmation directly from the hotel's reservation database.