Hotel Laura is from the Room Mate chain. It combines location with interiors by designer Tomas Alia. Inside it’s contemporary and colorful, despite the austere hotel façade.
- Excellent tourist hotel - Room had a balcony - Nice view - Recommended
- Short walk to puerta del sol - No gym - No swimming pool - Free wi-fi
- Room was huge - Decoration is great - Great service - Lack of parking
- Very close to plaza mayor - Hotel is great - Small bathroom - Value for money
- Central location - Wonderful staff - Breakfasts are super - Very comfortable beds
The Room Mate Laura is the best spot for traveler to explore the city. The hotel is located in Plaza de las Descalzas Reales within a few blocks of Puerta del Sol, a cultural and historical cradle of Madrid. The major city sights are within walking distance, while the rest of Madrid delights are easily accessible via metro (the Opera station is a couple of meters away).
This design hotel is distinguished by its quaint combination of the 19th century architecture and ultra-modern interior adorning based on the contrast of colours and urban furniture and materials. Albeit being modern in feel, the hotel remains comfortable and intimate at the same time.
Each of the rooms is individually designed and has an unusual yet functional layout and little balcony with cityscape views. Private bathroom, hairdryer, air conditioning, satellite TC, safe, and mini-bar, as well as a small kitchenette with tea and coffee makers are provided.
The breakfast that is offered as a part of the hotel deal is delicious and perfect to start your day of trekking the city. Surrounding area abounds in dining options catering to any taste and budget.
The hotel has a parking lot, business centre, Wi-Fi, meeting and event facilities, room and concierge services, and laundry.
Considering the property's prime location, comfortable rooms and complimentary breakfast, the Room Mate Laura is an exceptional value.
Year renovated 2006. Number of rooms 36.
- City Center Madrid - 1000 ft
- Airport Barajas (MAD) - 9.3 mi
- Train Station: Atocha's Train Station - 1.1 mi, Estacion de Chamartin - 3.9 mi
- Underground station: Callao - 700 ft, Sol - 1400 ft
- Restaurants: Chocolateria San Gines - 700 ft, La Tabula de las Descalsas (Food: Spanish) - 100 ft
- Parks Jardines de Sabatini - 2100 ft
- Beaches Bolonia Beach - 1000 ft
You can start your day with a buffet breakfast, which costs EUR 7.95 per person per night.
|Rate this hotel|
from 14:00-18:00 hours
until 12:00-13:00 hours
|Children and extra beds||
Pets are not allowed
Wireless internet is available in public areas and is free of charge
No parking available.
|Facilities for people with disabilities||
Room Mate Laura Location
- Current hotel
- Hotels nearby
- Underground stations
- Train stations
- Tourist attractions
- Convention centers
- Food and meals
Hover above the icons to see hotel photo and details.
Click the hotel to go to the main hotel page.
|Places of interest|
|Monuments and Landmarks|
Queen Sofia Arts Center (Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia)5200 ftSanta Isabel, 52, Madrid
Retiro Park (Parque del Retiro)1.3 miBetween C. Alfonso XII and Avenida de Menendez Pelayo, Madrid
Alcala Gate (Puerta de Alcala)5100 ftPlaza de la Independencia, Madrid
Madrid Wax Museum (Museo de Cera)5000 ftPaseo de Recoletos, 41, Madrid
National Library of Spain5100 ftPaseo de Recoletos, 20, Madrid
Near the hotel
Palacio Real de El Pardo300 ftC/ Manuel Alonso s/n, Madrid
Convent of the Royal Barefoot Nuns (Monasterios de las Descalzas Reales)400 ftPlaza de las Descalzas Reales, s/n, Madrid
Royal Palace of Madrid1800 ftCalle Bailen, Madrid
Church of San Gines500 ftCalle Arenal, 13, Madrid
Acuarium de Madrid600 ftC/Maestro Victoria 8, Madrid
Royal Theater700 ftPlaza de Isabel II, Madrid
Puerta de Toledo700 ftMadridSpain
Chocolateria San Gines
74% likes this, based on 1233 reviews700 ftPasadizo de San Gines 5
Phone: 91 365 65 46
La Tabula de las Descalsas
51% likes this, based on 80 reviews
Food: Spanish100 ft2 Travesia de Trujillos
Phone: 91 523 1448
60% likes this, based on 92 reviews200 ftCalle Trujillos, 4
Phone: +34 915226234
71% likes this, based on 145 reviews
Price Range: USD 0 - USD 37200 ftC/ Navas de Tolosa, 9
El Zagal Restaurante
62% likes this, based on 32 reviews
Food: Spanish100 ftTrujillos, 7
Why book with us?
- Low prices
- Enjoy our best price guarantee and special offers.
- Free cancellations
- Usually cancellations can be made without charge close to your arrival date (check policies).
- Guaranteed room
- You get instant confirmation directly from the hotel's reservation database.
Hotel Awards 2014SpanishHOTEL AWARDSHighly RecommendedMadrid
According to guest reviews, the hotel has been rated asBest Family Hotels in Spain