You can't go wrong with this tried and tested convention hotel in its central location on the Mardi Gras main route, with its stellar service, on site dining, amazing gym at the top floor, and immaculate and petite rooms with excellent amenities.
- Friendly and courteous staff - Parking at hotel was an additional $32/night - Gym was nice
- Short walk to the french quarter, harrah's - No microwave or fridge - Pool was nice
- Great service - Balcony was big - No noise from outside or inside - Tv worked fine - No free internet
- Nice, clean and spacious room - Bed was large and comfy - Location is great
- Concierge desk was very helpful - Very nice continental breakfast
Intercontinental is a 4-star hotel offering a veranda, a casino to its guests. Since 1998, it has been a prominent hotel in the center of New Orleans.
The classic hotel is set in close vicinity of Mardi Gras World, Lalaurie Mansion and Algiers Levee. It will take you 5 minutes to get to the popular Old St. Patrick's Church, The National WWII Museum and The New Orleans Artworks at the New Orleans GlassWorks & Printmaking Studio.
Apart from proximity to convention centers, business centers, this hotel offers fax/photocopying services, a conference room and internet access.
Fast access to Lakefront airport within 15km is provided.
There are 475 luxury rooms that come with modern amenities such as Wi-Fi, a balcony and a minibar. Some of the rooms offer stunning views of the pool. They provide bathrooms with a shower, bathrobes and a hairdryer.
The Veranda restaurant will spoil you with fine regional meals. The atrium bar stocks coffee to enjoy in an informal atmosphere.
A full breakfast is served at affordable prices.
The hotel provides a lift, a gift shop and a beauty salon as well as room service, 24-hour room service and laundry.
The fitness center features fitness classes, a gym.
Wireless internet is available in public areas and is free of charge
Private hotel parking is possible on site and the rate is USD 32 per day.
The personnel at the hotel speaks English, Deutch, Spanish, Romanian, Turkish, Hindi, Croatian, TagalogÂ / Filipino.
Number of floors 14. Number of rooms 479.
- City center New Orleans - 1.1 mi
- Airports Louis Armstrong New Orleans (MSY) - 11.9 mi
- Restaurants: Commander's Palace (Cuisine: American, Seafood, Cajun & Creole) - 1000 ft, Luke (Cuisine: French) - 300 ft
- Parks: New Orleans Musical Legends Park - 2200 ft, Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve - 2500 ft
|Rate this hotel|
|Facilities for people with disabilities||
|Leisure and relaxation facilities||
from 3 pm
until 11 am
|Children and extra beds||
Pets are allowed on request
- Current hotel
- Hotels nearby
- Underground stations
- Train stations
- Tourist attractions
- Convention centers
- Food and meals
Hover above the icons to see hotel photo and details.
Click the hotel to go to the main hotel page.
|Places of interest|
|Medical care and Hospitals|
Old Ursuline Convent5000 ft1112 Chartres St, New Orleans
Lalaurie Mansion5200 ft1140 Royal St, New Orleans
Algiers Levee1.0 miPatterson Street, New Orleans
The Old U.S. Mint1.1 mi400 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans
McKenna Museum of African American Art1.1 mi2003 Carondelet Street, New Orleans
Near the hotel
Lafayette Square900 ftSt. Charles Avenue, New Orleans
Old St. Patrick's Church1300 ft724 Camp St., New Orleans
The New Orleans Artworks at the New Orleans GlassWorks & Printmaking Studio1500 ft727 Magazine Street, New Orleans
The National WWII Museum2600 ft945 Magazine Street, New Orleans
Audubon Insectarium1800 ft423 Canal Street, New Orleans
Louisiana Music Factory1800 ftDecatur Street, New Orleans
Harrah's Casino2000 ft512 S. Peters, New Orleans
76% likes this, based on 2177 reviews
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Price Range: USD 31 - USD 811000 ft1403 Washington Ave
Phone: 504 899-8221
72% likes this, based on 628 reviews
Price Range: USD 22 - USD 42300 ft333 Saint Charles Ave
Phone: (504) 378-2840
71% likes this, based on 38 reviews
Price Range: USD 3 - USD 22100 ft444 Saint Charles Ave
Empire State Delicatessen
85% likes this, based on 24 reviews
Cuisine: Delicatessen200 ft701 Poydras St
70% likes this, based on 32 reviews
Cuisine: American, Cajun & Creole
Price Range: USD 0 - USD 50200 ft444 Saint Charles Ave
Phone: (504) 585-4383
Why book with us?
- Low prices
- Enjoy our best price guarantee and special offers.
- Free cancellations
- Usually cancellations can be made without charge close to your arrival date (check policies).
- Guaranteed room
- You get instant confirmation directly from the hotel's reservation database.