- Nice staff - Free local phone - Good value
- Exceptional view - No ac - Room was adequate
- Room was okay - Beds were comfortable - A bit old fashioned
- Cable tv - Shower is small - Free minibar
- Good breakfast - Fee for parking - Close to the train station
Hotel Excelsior is a 3-star charming property that offers exquisite accommodation steps away from Museum of Modern Art, Cathedral of St. Bartholomew and Rothschildpark. Founded in 1960, the hotel underwent a complete renovation in 2008.
The property boasts central location minutes away from Frankfurt Central train station. The hotel is 150m away from ETS Sightseeing Tours, Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof and English Theatre.
The nearby surroundings feature banks, fairgrounds.
This hotel is only 200m from Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof underground station. Frankfurt International (rhein-main) airport is 15 minutes' drive from the hotel.
The hotel offers 195 rooms featuring soundproof windows, satellite TV and a minibar as well as modern bathrooms with a hairdryer, a bathtub and a shower.
A rich buffet breakfast is served in the large dining room daily. The Hotel restaurant serves international cuisine. The comfortable bar serves a selection of tea.
Business facilities at Hotel Excelsior include a conference room, laptops and a business center.
Hotspot Wi-Fi wireless internet access is available in public areas and is free of charge
Paid Public parking is possible on site.
Year renovated 2008. Number of rooms 197.
- City center Frankfurt am Main - 4600 ft
- Airports Frankfurt International Airport (rhein-main) (FRA) - 6.5 mi
- Train stations Frankfurt Central Station - 400 ft
- Underground stations: Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof - 700 ft, Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof - 700 ft
- Restaurants: Gaylord (Cuisine: Indian) - 200 ft, O'Reilly's Frankfurt (Cuisine: Bar, Gastropub, Pub) - 400 ft
|Rate this hotel|
|Facilities for people with disabilities||
from 12 am
until 11 pm
|Children and extra beds||
Pets are not allowed
Hotel Excelsior Location
- Current hotel
- Hotels nearby
- Underground stations
- Train stations
- Tourist attractions
- Convention centers
- Food and meals
Hover above the icons to see hotel photo and details.
Click the hotel to go to the main hotel page.
|Places of interest|
Senckenberg Natural History Museum (Naturmuseum Senckenberg)5100 ftSenckenberganlage 25, Frankfurt
Cathedral of St. Bartholomew (Dom St. Bartholomaus)5200 ftDomplatz 1, Frankfurt
Rothschildpark5000 ftReuterweg, Frankfurt
Museum of Modern Art (Museum fur Moderne Kunst)5300 ftDomstrasse 10, Frankfurt
Caricatura Museum Frankfurt5200 ftWeckmarkt 17, Frankfurt
Near the hotel
Holbeinsteg2000 ftZwischen Untermainkai und Schaumainkai, Frankfurt
Liebieghaus2100 ftSchaumainkai 71, Frankfurt
English Theatre2300 ftGallusanlage 7, Frankfurt
Oper Frankfurt2500 ftUntermainanlage 11, Frankfurt
Main Tower3100 ftNeue Mainzer Strasse 52 - 58, Frankfurt
Jewish Museum (Judisches Museum)2500 ftUntermainkai 14/15, Frankfurt
Museum fur Post und Kommunikation2800 ftSchaumainkai 53, Frankfurt
Cuisine: Indian200 ftBaseler Strasse 54
Phone: 069 252612
73% likes this, based on 86 reviews
Cuisine: Bar, Gastropub, Pub, Irish
Price Range: USD 9 - USD 16400 ftAm Hauptbahnhof 4
Phone: +49(0)69 26487878
Konig Bistro & Bar
73% likes this, based on 16 reviews
Cuisine: German200 ftBaselerstrasse 56
Phone: 264 84 691
60% likes this, based on 32 reviews
Cuisine: Middle Eastern400 ftBaseler Strasse 21
Phone: 069 / 23 16 54
61% likes this, based on 44 reviews
Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Hamburgers, Barbecue
Price Range: USD 5 - USD 25500 ftWesthafen Pier
Phone: +49 69 240 097 96
Why book with us?
- Low prices
- Enjoy our best price guarantee and special offers.
- Free cancellations
- Usually cancellations can be made without charge close to your arrival date (check policies).
- Guaranteed room
- You get instant confirmation directly from the hotel's reservation database.
Hotel Awards 2014GermanHOTEL AWARDSHighly RecommendedFrankfurt am Main
According to guest reviews, the hotel has been rated asBest Family Hotels in Germany