De Las Letras Hotel dates back to 1917 when it was built and the public areas have retained original detailing like mosaic tiles. Rooftop bars are very popular in Madrid and this hotel was the first to have a rooftop bar. Needless to say, the rooftop bar is great, but the entire hotel is excellent, with individually styled rooms that have writer’s quotes written on the walls.
- Spa was a delight - Excellent steam room - Sauna and hot pool - Not a place to take the kids
- Near to metro, shops, many restuarants - Jacuzzi on the balcony - Morning buffet is excellent
- Good hotel - Rooms are very clean - Bed is very large - No tea/coffee making facilities
- Located directly on gran via - Modern design - Staff was very friendly - Recommend it to all
- Location is very convenient - Bathroom is large - Great value for money - Would stay there again
The 4-star De Las Letras H&R Hotel is situated at Gran Via in the centre of Madrid. There are lots of cinemas, museums, theatres, monuments and other sightseeing places like Puerto del Sol, Plaza Castilla, Plaza Mayor et Puerta del sol, Plaza de Cibeles around the property. Also Edificio underground station is next to the venue.
This decorated with motifs related to the world of art and literature 19th century building was totally refurbished in 2003. The vanguard interior of Virginia Figueras is encrusted with old-fashioned carpentry texts from the famed Pablo Neruda.
All 103 exclusive rooms having high ceilings, large windows and a different color theme are featuring phone, air-conditioning, bathroom, free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and free computers for guests' use. Hotel facilities include a spa centre with hydromassage Jacuzzi, sauna and professional massages and comprise a library with a wide range of books and a large reading room. The lovely terrace offers a unique view and cozy restaurant is ideal to relax and enjoy fresh atmosphere.
De Las Letras H&R is a perfect accommodation for those who wants to visit the exciting Spanish capital city.
Year renovated 2012. Number of rooms 103.
- City Center - 400 m
- Airport: Barajas - 14.0km, Torrejon Afb - 23.6km
- Train Station: Atocha's Train Station - 1.5km, Estacion de Chamartin - 6.0km
- Underground station: Chueca - 400 m, Sol - 500 m
You can start your day with a buffet breakfast, which costs EUR 18 per person per night.
Wireless internet is available in public areas and is free of charge
Private hotel parking is possible at a location nearby and the rate is EUR 28.89 per day.
|Facilities for people with disabilities||
|Leisure and relaxation facilities||
from 2 pm
until 12 pm
Pets are not allowed
|Children and extra beds||
Rooms and availability
Double Or Twin Beds
Double Or Twin Beds
Double Or Twin Beds
De Las Letras Location
- Current hotel
- Hotels nearby
- Underground Railway Stations
- Train Stations
- Attractions for Tourists
- Convention Centers
- Food and meals
Hover above the icons to see hotel photo and details.
Click the hotel to go to the main hotel page.
|Attractions for Tourists|
|Monuments and Landmarks|
|Underground Railway Stations|
La Tababacalera1.5kmCalle Embajadores 53 Madrid, Madrid
La Casa Encendida1.5kmRonda Valencia, 2, Madrid
Madrid1.6kmGran Via, Madrid
Templo de Debod1.6kmPaseo de Rosales, Madrid
Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion1.6kmGoya 26, Madrid
Near the hotel
Prado Museum890 mCalle Ruiz de Alarcon 23, Madrid
Paseo del Prado230 mMadridSpain
Iglesia de Las Calatravas190 mCalle Alcala 25, Madrid
Sala Alcala 31200 mCalle Alcala, 31 MadridSpain
Houdini230 mC/Fuencarral 21, Madrid
Casino de Madrid230 mCalle de Alcala, 15, Madrid
St. Fernando Royal Academy of Fine Arts (Museo de la Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando)250 mAlcala, 13, Madrid
68% likes this, based on 661 reviews
Food: Mediterranean, Spanish
Price Range: USD 28 - USD 5570 mCalle de la Reina 29
Phone: 91 532 71 54
Mercado de la Reina
65% likes this, based on 331 reviews
Price Range: USD 21 - USD 4860 mCalle Gran Via, 12.
Phone: +34 915 21 31 98
La Gloria de Montera
60% likes this, based on 359 reviews
Price Range: USD 17 - USD 22100 mCalle Caballero de Gracia, 10
Phone: +34 915234407
67% likes this, based on 376 reviews
Price Range: USD 20 - USD 26110 mCalle Infantas 30
73% likes this, based on 197 reviews
Food: Mediterranean, Spanish, Bar
Price Range: USD 42 - USD 4970 mCalle de la Reina, 15
Phone: +34 915217552
Why book with us?
- No prepayments
- Pay at the hotel, credit card details are only required to guarantee your booking.
- Low prices
- Enjoy our best price guarantee and special offers.
- Free cancellations
- Usually cancellations can be made without charge close to your arrival date (check policies).
- Guaranteed room
- You get instant confirmation directly from the hotel's reservation database.